The Scholarship Programme
We offer a scholarship programme for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme under the Dato' Freida Scholarship, covering the last two years of Secondary schooling at Cempaka International School Damansara Heights and Cempaka International Ladies' College. This programme is an ideal preparation for Universities worldwide and Cempaka Schools Malaysia scholarship programme provides an outstanding educational opportunity for a limited number of students who display excellence in academics and sports or the arts.
- The scholarships are awarded to young people of high aspirations, talents and accomplishments for a period of up to two years.
- Students should be about to enter Year 12, the first year of the IB Diploma Programme, aged 15 and above at the time of enrolment and demonstrate intellectual curiosity and independent thinking, while being respectful of other views and concerned to make a difference in the world.
- Successful candidates must follow the full IB Diploma Programme and to maintain a high level of achievement throughout the two years in order to retain the scholarship. All scholarship students are expected to maintain Cempaka Schools Malaysia's tradition of excellence.
A Cempaka scholarship awardee is expected to:
- be highly talented and goal-oriented
- be self-motivated and to participate fully in the life of the school
- be an exemplary role model and leader for both peers and younger students
If a scholarship student fails to honour this undertaking, the School reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship award.
Who can apply?
- Students of all nationalities may apply for a scholarship.
- Students must have an outstanding academic record.
- A strong command of written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of approximately 500 words. Candidates should write about themselves, their future ambitions, why they feel they would benefit from the programme and what they believe they can bring to the school. The letter should be in English but should indicate if English is not the candidate's first language.
Please address your letter to:
For Cempaka International School Damansara Heights:
Miss Kelly Tay
Cempaka International School Damansara Heights
No. 19 Jalan Setiabakti Satu, Damansara Heights
50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
T: +603 2093 1740/1, +603 2093 1740/1 Fax: +603 2095 2660
Click to Email